Prince Andrew ‘will continue to defend himself’ after being stripped of royal and military titles

A source said Prince Andrew will “continue to defend himself” against a sexual assault lawsuit after the Queen stripped him of his royal titles and military sponsorships today.

The Duke of York will no longer be known as HRH “in any official capacity” in a stunning meltdown as his family abandoned him to fight a sexual assault lawsuit in America as a private citizen.

Today, a source close to the royal family said he will continue to fight Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s allegations after a judge rejected his legal team’s attempt to overturn the case.

“Given the force with which Judge Kaplan received our arguments, we were not surprised by the ruling,” the source said.

However, it was not a judgment on the merits of Giuffre’s claims.

“This is a marathon, not a sprint, and the Duke will continue to defend himself against these allegations.”

Prince Andrew will continue to ‘defend himself’ against a sexual assault lawsuit after the Queen stripped him of his royal titles

Legal experts said Andrew had “only bad options” after he refused to try to drop the case.

Despite Andrew’s pleas to “do the right thing for the Queen” and make millions for his accusers to avoid prosecution, the Duke seemed to be looking into the matter for a long time.

However, the accused, Jeffrey Epstein, sex slave Virginia Roberts, was said to be determined to turn down any cash offer in favor of spending her day in court.

Their stances greatly increased the possibility of a showdown between the Queen’s second son, Miss Roberts, in a New York court this fall.

In an overwhelming ruling this week, US District Judge Lewis Kaplan rejected the arguments of senior royals to drop the case. Miss Roberts, who is suing Andrew for undisclosed damages under her married name to Giuffre, claims she was forced to

Andrew was accused of attempting to “evade, run and hide” from the case, initially using his mother’s mansions to avoid receiving legal papers.

After that failed, he went out to fight with his American lawyer and called Miss Roberts a “money-hungry sex cat” who “initiated this baseless litigation for another paycheck”. Last week, the Duke – who has vehemently denied all the accusations – attempted to bring the case up at a crisis hearing in Manhattan. But Judge Kaplan flatly denied his request on Wednesday.

Today, a source close to the royal family said he will continue to fight Virginia Roberts Giuffre's allegations

Today, a source close to the royal family said he will continue to fight Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s allegations

This led to widespread calls for him to raise millions to settle the case rather than submit to a humiliating and disastrous courtroom questioning about his sexuality in the Platinum Jubilee year, but Miss Roberts’ attorney, David Boyce, vowed last night she wouldn’t give in, even if offered a cash settlement pop-up.

He said: You want to achieve justice. I think it’s very important to Virginia Joffrey that this matter be resolved in a way that justifies and exonerates the other victims.

Mr. Boyes said there was no “suggestion” for a settlement discussion at this stage. He said Miss Roberts had “communicated” with Prince Andrew to offer a settlement to avoid going to court but “there was no interest in that at the time”.

“Whether that changes or not, I think we’ll have to wait and see,” the attorney added.

But he stressed that “a purely financial settlement is not something that I think she is interested in.”

The price of Andrew’s settlement with Miss Roberts appears to be high. You will likely demand not only money, but a humiliating statement and an acknowledgment of remorse.

Miss Roberts claims that she was recruited when she was 16 years old in Florida by Epstein and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell.

Last night, Prince Andrew's lawyers on both sides of the Atlantic were engaged in crisis talks after their request to dismiss Virginia Roberts' civil lawsuit (pictured center) was denied in all respects, meaning the case is now heading toward unification.  Trial this fall

Last night, Prince Andrew’s lawyers on both sides of the Atlantic were engaged in crisis talks after their request to dismiss Virginia Roberts’ civil lawsuit (pictured center) was denied in all respects, meaning the case is now heading toward unification. Trial this fall

Pedophile Epstein committed suicide in 2019, rather than face trial, while Maxwell was found guilty last month of presiding over a scheme to recruit children to have sex with Epstein. Miss Roberts, who was not part of the Maxwell case, claims that she was on loan to Epstein’s wealthy and powerful friends, including Prince Andrew.

He vehemently denies all allegations, and says he does not even remember meeting Miss Roberts. He suggested that the infamous photo of the two of them together in London in March 2001 in which his hand was pressing on a teenager’s diaphragm may have been fake.

After Andrew’s attempt to dismiss Miss Roberts’ case fails, the case moves to the next stage, including the possibility that he will have to testify under oath. Fearing that he would be imprisoned for perjury if he lied, the prince will give video-taped testimony under questioning.

His answers at the hearing, which could take place in London, can be used as evidence at trial.

“The next step for sure is to take the evidence, take the evidence from Prince Andrew, take the evidence from Virginia Joffrey, take the evidence from the others,” Boyce said. “There will definitely be additional evidence, which is coming up all the time. Andrew and Virginia together.

Andrew’s troubles worsened after he was interviewed by BBC Newsnight in a car crash in 2019.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement this afternoon:

“With the consent and consent of the Queen, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronage have been returned to the Queen,” Buckingham Palace said in a statement this afternoon.

“He made many statements in that interview,” said Mr. Boyes. “He made a lot of those elsewhere. His style was denied, denied, blamed Virginia, criticized her, attacked her character, attacked her morals, attacked her credibility. And we’ll see how it all goes.” That’s under section.

Judge Kaplan set a July 14 deadline for the statements.

Buckingham Palace announced the Queen’s decision to remove Andrew from the royal fold in a statement issued this afternoon.

“With the consent and consent of the Queen, the Duke of York’s military affiliations and royal patronage have been returned to the Queen,” the statement read. “The Duke of York will continue not to perform any public duties and advocate this cause as a private citizen.”

A royal source said the issue had been widely discussed with the royal family, suggesting that the Prince of Wales and Andrew were involved in crisis talks on the matter. The source said that the military positions will be redistributed to other members of the royal family.

The palace previously said the Duke’s military appointments were on hold after he stepped down from public duties in 2019. But before today, he still held roles, including that of colonel of the Grenadier Guard, one of the oldest and most emblematic regiments in the British Army.

His other British honorary military titles are: Royal Air Force Honorary Lossiemouth. Colonel-General of the Royal Irish Regiment; Colonel-General of the Corps of Small Arms Schools; Brigadier General of the Fleet Air Force; Royal Colonel of the Royal Highland Fusiliers; Deputy Colonel-General of the Chief of The Royal Lancers (King of Queen Elizabeth); The Royal Colonel of the Royal Scottish Regiment.

He is only the fifth monarch in recent history to stop using the title of HRH, with Princess Diana and Sarah, Duchess of York, losing design after their divorce, while Prince Harry and Meghan Markle agreed to lose their title as part of ‘Megxit’. Deal with the queen.

The decision to rupture Andrew’s military ties will likely be particularly painful for the Royal Navy veteran, who served with distinction as a helicopter pilot during the Falklands War.

It comes after more than 150 veterans joined their ranks to express their anger, writing to the Queen to demand that Andrew be removed from honorary military positions.

Accusing the Duke of harming his associated services, 152 former members of the Royal Navy, Royal Air Force and Army said that “if this were any other senior military officer, it is inconceivable that he would still be in the position”. The Queen is Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces and has honorary military appointments in her gift.

It came as reports suggested he could avoid prosecution by using the £18m sale of his Swiss chalet to try to repay at least £10m of proceeds to Ms Giuffre.

MailOnline revealed this week that Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah, Duchess of York, have settled a £6.6m debt deal with a French socialite, paving the way for him to sell his beloved ski chalet to fund an alleged sexual assault case.

Isabel de Rovere, 74, sold her home, Chalet Helora, to her then-friends Prince Andrew and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson in 2014 for £18m, in installments. But Ms de Rovere claimed Yorkes had failed to make the final payment of £5m for the property at the exclusive Swiss ski resort in Verbier – but this week York has hoarded the money, ending the legal battle and clearing the way for the sale.

With the chalet now on the market, the ninth-in-line will use up to £10m of the final sale price to settle with Ms Joffrey, according to The Sun, but without acknowledging responsibility for her claims, she has had to get her to have sex with him for three. times when she was seventeen years old. He has repeatedly denied these allegations.

Mark Stephens, an expert in constitutional law, said Andrew would need to find between £5m and £10m to show Ms Giuffre and hope she would absolve him from prosecution.

.

Leave a Comment